Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bok choy Tuna Mango wrap

I am not a wrap person and has not tried wrapping a wrap before. I thought it would be easy, instructions was given on the Mission Wrap itself. My first attempt was to do a mango chicken wrap but I simply couldn't wrap it like a popiah as suggested on the package! (Too much fillings) =X

So when DinoMama asked me to post up a link at her site, I was embarrassed because I made a mess.

After searching the internet for how the ideal wrap should look like, I finally come to a conclusion. 
I do not have to wrap it like a popiah, it can be simply rolled up without folding in the opposite sides and tie with a string. Some even used leaves as wraps! 

I have some leftover Mission flatbread which are to be consumed within 3 days after opening. So, use them, photograph them and blog them.

The idea of getting bok choy comes about because I couldn't find any organic lettuce or spinach. Actually, when it comes to salad, I prefer to use organic veggie. The supermarket near my place only has organic tomato and sprouts. Tomato will be good but my girl doesn't like them. Sprouts with tuna... ehh?!? Can't imagine that. And hence, I consider steaming some greens, bok choy should be perfect with tuna, I guess. Some onion and potatoes should be fine too. Then, I went along with the idea of tossing in the last mango into the wrap. Hmm... maybe it's a little too small. Anyway, just toss in.

Bok Choy Tuna Mango wrap

Bok Choy Tuna Mango Wrap


Here's the recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 4 wraps
  • 1 potato
  • half an onion ( I use yellow onion)
  • 1 can of tuna chunks in water (I use Ayam brand)
  • 1 mango ( Suggest to get the big ones, if possible, get another to make a mango puree)
  • Baby Bok choy
Seasoning:
  • 1 tsp olive oil. (you may want more if you like)
  • 2 dashes of pepper
Procedure:-
  1. Prepare a steamer and start to boil the water. ( I used rice cooker )
  2. Wash, peel, cut potato and onion into dice.
  3. Wash and cut the Bok Choy stems away from the leaves.
  4. Dice the Bok Choy stems
  5. Open the can of tuna and empty the tuna into a bowl. Discard water.
  6. Add in the dice potato, onion and Bok choy stem.
  7. Add the seasoning and mixed well.
  8. Put in rice cooker and steam for 15-20 min before adding in the leaves of baby Bak choy.
  9. Steam for additional 5 more minutes.
  10. While steaming, dice the mango. (I choose to slice and dice it)
  11. And also dry fry the wraps.
  12. After the steaming is done, proceed to spoon the ingredients on wrap after you drain the . If you have mango puree, you can drizzle them in as dressing
  13. Roll it up and fold in only one side of the wrap so that it now look like a tall cup.
Fillings on the right side of the wrap, covering about 1/3 of it, leave space at the sides and bottom for folding purposes


Final product:: top exposed , bottom folded.
Verdict:-
I personally think it's refreshing to use bok choy.
My hubby said too little mango. Hence, the above suggestion. He thinks it would be better if there's more mango. Exactly my sentiments too. Ah girl doesn't really like wrap but she does like the fillings. Probably it's almost like what she often ate at home?!?

As a novice, I enjoyed my wrapping experience. Probably may try out again using wholemeal wrap.  It's more nutritious than plain ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...