Friday, November 2, 2012

Harvest your own Pumpkin seeds

Do you know you could harvest your own pumpkin seeds?
I used to throw away the seeds whenever I cook pumpkin but later realized that they are the very thing that I used to get from the super market. If you love pumpkin seeds as much as I do, why not harvest them whenever you cook them?

Procedure:
  1. Cut off the seedy part of the pumpkin and soak it in water. Wash the seeds from the flesh.
  2. Tower dry the seeds.
  3. Use a  frying pan and dry fry the seeds. You do not need to add any oil. 
  4. Once they are dry enough, you can keep the seeds in containers up till one month or even longer. (I harvested quite a lot of Kabocha seeds the other time and they are still around in my air tight container.)
Digging out the seeds

Dry frying the seeds







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...